Paper Presentations, Publications
Dr. Georgy Joy Eralil : Asst. Prof OBG
- "Redesigning of birth stool in supporting labor" Mother and Child- January 2011.
- " Natural birth on birth stool"- on going study conducted in OBG Department.
- " Mirena IUD as non surgical approach to heavy menstural bleeding"- on going study in OBG
- " Birth - normal, natural and healthy"
Paper presented at " South Zone Yuva FOGSI 2010" on October 3rd 2011.
- " Previable, preterm, prelabour, rupture of membranes": Poster presentation at Fetal Medicine Update 2011 October 9th.
Dr. K. Prasad Asst. Prof, General Surgery
- "Laproscopy in suspected abdominal Tuberculosis is useful as an early diagnostic method."
A N Z j surgery 2008 Nov 78(11),987-8
Krishnan P, Vayoth S.O, Dhar.P, Surendran.S, Ponnambathayil.S.
- "Is sentinel node mapping useful in Coloreetal Carcinoma? "
Indian journals of Gastro enterology 2005 May - June, 24(3) , 129-30. Krishnan P, Chandrika K , Sudheer O.V, Dhar P, Sudhindran.
Dr. Joseph John - Associate Prof,Paediatrics
- 'Limb Body Wall Complex in a still- born foetics' a case report -
Cases Journal 2008, 1:86
Nishal Plakkal, Joseph john, Sajini Elizabeth Jacob, J. Chithira and Soumya Sampath.
- 'Snake bite mimicking brain death'.
Cases Journal 2008,1:16
Joseph John, Bahubali D Gane, Nishad Plakkal, Rajeswari Aghoram and Soumya Sampath.
- Sahu S, Abraham R, John J, Mathew A .A, George AS. Cord blod albumin as a predictor of neonatal jaundice. Int J Bio Med Res. 2011; 2(1) :436-438.
- ORAL PAPER titled "Internal and external ophthalmoplegia following snake bite", at the neuropedicon 2008, 8th National
conference of the Pediatric Neurology chapter of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics 30th and 31st August 2008.
- Poster presentation (Accepted for presentation next month):
PEDICON 2012 (IAP Pediatric national conference) NEO/09 (P) CORD BLOOD ALBUMIN AS A PREDICTOR OF NEONATAL JAUNDICE-
Dr. Suchanda Sahu, Professor, Dept. Of Biochemistry
- "Calculation of VCDC- Cholestrol from triglycerides and total cholestrol levels".
Biomedicine 2008 ,28(3) 219-221
Suchanda Sahu, Rebecca Abraham, V. Meenakshi, R. Vedavalli and Mary Daniel
- 'Study of lipid profile, lipid peroxidation and Vitamin E in Pregnancy induced hypertension'.
Indian Journal of Physiology, Pharmacology 2009; 53(4) : 365-369
- Suchanda Sahu, Rebecca Abraham, V. Meenakshi, Roma Rattan and Maghida Sridhar. Surrogate measures of insulin resistance and
fasting lipid levels in healthy Indians. Biomedicine, 2009; Vol 29; No 3: 244–248.
- Suchanda Sahu, Rebecca Abraham, Joseph John, Alina Ann Mathew, Anish Sam George. Cord blood albumin as a predictor of neonatal jaundice.
Int J Biol Med Res. 2011; 2(1): 436-438.
- Suchanda Sahu , Mary Daniel, Rebecca Abraham, R. Vedavalli , V. Senthilvel. Study of uric acid and nitric oxide concentrations
in preeclampsia and normal pregnancy. Int J Biol Med Res. 2011; 2(1): 390-393.
DR.SEEMA JAWALEKER, ASSO. PROF BIOCHEMISTRY
- Inhibition efficiency of urine towards stone forming minerals, Page: 23-27, International journal of pharma sciences and research volume 1 issue Feb – 2010 :
ISSN : 0975-9492
- Twenty four hours urine and serum biochemical parameters in patients with
Urolithiasis" Nepal Med Coll J 2010; 12 (1): 5-7:
- Role of Oxidants and Anti Oxidants in Patients with Cardiovascular Diseases. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences 2(4): 181-184, 2010 : ISSN: 2040-8773
- Evaluation of different urinary constituent ratios in renal stone formers. Annals of Biological Research 2010: volume one: Issue 3, Page No. 50-55 : ISSN 0976-1233
- Status of Lipid profile, MDA and protein carbonyl in patients with cardiovascular diseases. Arch. Appl. Sci. Res., 2010, 2 (6): 8-14: ISSN 0975-508X
- The composition and quantitative analysis of urinary calculi in patients with renal calculi. Nepal Med Coll J 2010; 12(3): 145-148
Dr.Pramod Chirakkal, Asst.Prof.In ENT
- Presented paper on “Recurrent Rhinosporidiosis- strategies for reducing recurrence rate” in the clinical society meeting of the association of otorhinolaryngologists of India, Chennai branch on 21.06.2008 in Chennai.
- Attended 35th temporal bone workshop held at Madras ENT research foundation (P) Ltd. on 26th & 27th July 2008 in Chennai.
- Presented paper on “Recurrent Rhinosporidiosis- strategies for reducing recurrence rate” in the clinical society meeting of Sri Ramachandra Medical college and Hospital, Chennai.
- Participated in the 13th National Workshop & Symposium on Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, by Dr. D.S. Sethi held on 4th & 5th September 2008 at KKR ENT Hospital & Research institute, Chennai.
- Attended 12th Annual Conference organized by AOI, Chengalpattu- Kancheepuram Branch 13th to 14th September 2008.
- Presented paper in Dr. S. Sadasivan’s prize on “Deep Neck Space Infection – ENT experience” on 12th Annual Conference organized by AOI, Chengalpattu- Kancheepuram Branch (SHORE ENT 2008) from 13th to 14th September 2008.
- Presented free paper on “Attico Antral disease –Intracranial complication” on 12th Annual Conference organized by AOI, Chengalpattu- Kancheepuram Branch (SHORE ENT 2008) from 13th to 14th September 2008.
- Attended 17th Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery workshop conducted jointly by the P.D. Hinduja National Hospital and MRC and Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai between 30th Sept and 2nd October 2008.
- Attended 27th Annual Conference of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India Andhra Pradesh State Branch and 4th South Zone held at Hyderabad from 17th to 19th October 2008.
- Participated in poster session and contributed to scientific deliberations during 27th Annual Conference of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India Andhra Pradesh State Branch and 4th South Zone held at Hyderabad from 17th to 19th October 2008.
- Participated in prize poster session and presented on “Lateral Sinus Thrombosis –Revisited” during 27th Annual Conference of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India Andhra Pradesh State Branch and 4th South Zone held at Hyderabad from 17th to 19th October 2008 and was awarded second prize.
- Participated as Observer in TEMFESS 2008 held on 22nd and 23rd November at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai.
- Participated in “Advanced Phonosurgery Workshop” on 14th December 2008 at Madras ENT research foundation (P) Ltd. Chennai.
- Underwent hands on training in “Advanced Phonosurgery Workshop” on 14th December 2008 at Madras ENT research foundation (P) Ltd. Chennai.
- Participated in 61st AOICON and 61st National Conference of The Association of Otolaryngologists of India held at Jaipur from 22nd to 25th January 2009 and also presented Award paper in Dr.Sandra D Souza on “Laryngopharyngeal Reflux-The South Indian Scenario”.
- Attended CME in Surgical Otology (OTOCME- 2009) conducted by Christian Medical College,Vellore on 27th June 2009
- Attended Temporal Bone Dissection Competition organized by the CME Department, CMC, Vellore on 27th June 2009.
- Participated in 1st Sri Ramachandra Voice Update held on 11th and 12th July 2009 at Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai.
- Participated in the AOI- 5th South zone and 13th TNCON ’09 held from 9 -11 October 2009 at Chennai.
- Participated in the Prof. H. Kishore Chandra Prasad Quiz competition at the AOI- 5th South zone and 13th TNCON ’09 held from 9 -11 October 2009 at Chennai.
- Won the 1st prize in the Prof. H. Kishore Chandra Prasad Quiz Competition at the AOI- 5th South zone and 13th TNCON ’09 held from 9-11 October 2009 at Chennai.
- Awarded for presenting a Scientific Paper titled “Vocal fold lesions- The Role of Stroboscopy and Voice Analysis” in prize paper session at the AOI- 5th South zone and 13th TNCON ’09 held from 9 -11 October 2009 at Chennai.
- Awarded for presenting a Scientific Paper titled “Laryngopharyngeal Reflux-The South Indian Scenario” in free paper session at the AOI- 5th South zone and 13th TNCON ’09 held from 9 -11 October 2009 at Chennai.
- Participated in hands on 49th All India Temporal Bone Dissection and Advanced Micro Ear Surgery Demonstration Course held at KKR ENT Research centre, Chennai between 23rd and 25th October 2009.
- Participated in the IX hands on Temporal Bone Dissection and Cadaveric FESS Workshop during TEMFESS 2009 held at Sri Ramachandra University from 14th to 15th November 2009.
- Participated in Frontal 2009 (International workshop on Frontal Sinus surgery) by Prof Wolfgang Draf held at GV ENT Centre and Vijayalakshmi Medical Centre, Kochi from 20th to 21st November 2009.
- Participated and presented a paper snippet on “Haemangioma of Larynx” in clinical society meeting of the association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India Chennai branch held in Chennai on 23rd January 2010.
- Attended TEMPORAL BONE DISSECTION workshop at Amrita Institute of Medical sciences, Kochi june 1st & 2nd 2010.
- Attended 19th Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery workshop conducted jointly by the P.D. Hinduja National Hospital and MRC and Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai 2010
- Attended the proceeding of the CIGICON 2010, 8 th Annual conference of Cochlear Implant group of India held at Postgraduate Institute of medical education and research , Chandigarh from 18- 20 November 2010 and also participated in Temporal bone workshop.
- Participated ‘Basic Course Workshop in medical Education Technologies’ held from 1st to 3rd December, 2010 at the Regional Centre for medical education Technologies, Govt.Medical College, Kottayam.
- Attended in the 10th hands on Temporal Bone Dissection and Cadaveric FESS Workshop during TEMFESS 2010 held at Sri Ramachandra University from 18th to 19th December 2010.
- Participated in 63rd AOICON and 63rdt National Conference of The Association of Otolaryngologists of India held at Chennai from 6th to 9th January 2011.
- Attended 17th International FESS workshop and conference by Prof.P.J.Wormald and Prof.D.S.Sethi from 11th to 13 th February 2011 at Hyderabad.
- Attended 7th Endonasal Endoscopic Skull base workshop at Bombay Hospital from March 10th to 13th 2011 in Mumbai.
- Attended annual meeting and Oto expo by American association of otorhinolaryngology and head & neck surgery (AAO-HNS) at San francisco from september 11-14, 2011.
- Attended Sri Ramachandra Cochlear Implant Workshop held on 7th January 2012 at Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai.
- Attended observership program in Neuro-otology at House ear institute and St.Vincent medical center, Los angeles under John W. House, M.D., & Derald E. Brackmann, M.
- Attended 9th annual middle east update in otolaryngology conference & exhibition head and neck surgery at Madinat Jumeirah,Dubai,UAE from 22 to 24 april 2012.
- Presented paper on Laryngopharyngeal symptoms and signs in GERD & and their reponse to antireflux therapy in 9th annual middle east update in otolaryngology conference & exhibition head and neck surgery at Madinat Jumeirah,Dubai,UAE from 22 to 24 april 2012.
- Poster presentation on Laryngopharyngel asymptoms and signs in GERD and their response to antireflux therapy at BACO -2012 ,on July 4th to 6th in Glasgow , Scotland , United Kingdom.
- Senthil .K, John S, Pramod C. Lateral sinus thrombosis- revisited Indian journal of otology; March 2009; vol 15; 42-45.
- Kindo AJ, Pramod C, Anita S, Mohanty S. Maxillary sinusitis caused by Lasiodiplodia theobromae. IndianJMedMicrobiol; 2010; 28(2):167-9.
- Sanjeev Mohanty, Dr.Gopinath, Dr. Mukundan, Dr. Pramod C. Capillary hemangioma of middle ear cleft- rare tumor, rare site.Indian journal of otology; March 2011.
- Suresh Masilamani, Shalinee Rao, Pramod Chirakkal, Ravi Kumar A.Hyalinizing clear cell carcinoma of the base of tongue: A distinct and rare entity.
Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology;Jan-March 2011; 54 (1), p 167- 169.
- Chirakkal, P. & Ravikumar, A .Laryngopharyngeal symptoms and signs in gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) and its response to ant reflux therapy. Clinical Otolaryngology July Vol 37 (Suppl. 1), 118–129
1. Dr. A Ravi Kumar, Dr. Senthil, Dr. Somu, Dr. Prasanna, Dr. Pramod C. Bilateral Cochlear Implatation-SRMC Experience,
Sri Ramachandra Journal of medicine, Jan- June 2010, Vol 3,p 1-2
- Awarded second prize for poster presented on “Lateral Sinus Thrombosis –Revisited” during 27th Annual Conference of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India (Andhra Pradesh State Branch) and 4th South Zone held at Hyderabad in October 2008.
- Won the 1st prize in the Prof. H. Kishore Chandra Prasad Quiz Competition at the AOI- 5th South zone and 13th TNCON ’09 held at Chennai in October 2009.
- Awarded international visiting scholarship by American association of otolaryngology and head & neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) association in annual meeting and Oto expo at San Francisco, 2011.
- Awarded Fellowship of Royal college of Surgeons in ORL-HNS at 14th British Academic conference in Otolaryngology and ENT expo at Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom on 4th July, 2012.
Dr. Sujit Jos, Asst. Prof, Dept. Of Orthopaedics
INTERNATIONAL - Arthroscopic treatment of synovial chondromatosis - Paper presentation , Rekhool Mania CME - Columbo, Srilanka, June 2011
Post osteomyelitis total tibial loss - successful two stage lengthening with ilizarov frame and huntington procedure -Post presentation at ASAMI, Kyoto,
Japan, Oct 2006.
Principles of Operative fracture management for Orthopaedic- Faculty Instructor For AO Foundation, Switzerland, conducted at Kochi, July 2011.
Principles of Operative fracture management for Operating Room Personnel - Faculty Instructor For AO Foundation, Switzerland, Conducted at Kochi, July 2011.
An Unusual presentation of Adamantinoma - Tibia, Publication in Journal of Bone and Joint Diseases, Vol 20. Dec 2005.
A Clinico- radiological study of the management of common bony injuries around the elbow joint in children- Research work publication submitted
to Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, Jan 2006.
Total Knee replacements, Current concepts- Faculty lecture at Indian Medical Association CME, Kodungallur-1st Sept 2010.
Recent trends in the management of Osteoarthritis- Faculty at 15th Annual State conference of Indian Medical Association AMS- Indian Medical Association
- Academy of Medical Specialities Conference (Samanwayam- 2008), Parur, Ernakulam, Kerala 28th Sept. 2008.
Joint Replacements- The present scenario- Faculty at State CME program at Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Chalakka, N. Kuththiyathodu, Ernakulam,
13th Sept 2009.
Common Orthopaedic Problems in Children- Faculty at the Indian Association of Paediatrics Madhya Kerala CME, Aluva, Ernakulam, Kerala- Nov-2009.
Basic Knee Arthroscopy workshop- Faculty instructor at Lourde Hospital, Ernakulam OASISCON 2009.
Total Knee Arthroplasty for fixed valgus deformity through lateral parapatellar approach- Paper presentation at Annual Conference of Kerala Orthopaedic Association,
KOACON, Kannur, Jan 2007.
High energy Tibial Plateau fractures- A comparative Study of Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Osteosynthesis and llizarov Ring Fixator, a Paper presentation
at 51st National Conference of the Indian Orthopaedic Association, IOACON, Newdelhi, Nov 2006.
Arthroscopic removal of Bullet from the knee - Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society clinical meet, May 2007.
Intramedullary broken nail - Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society clinical meet, April 2007.
Bilateral Coxa Vara- Oral Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society, August 2006.
An Ineresting case of Intercondylar fracture of the elbow in an Alcoholic- Presentation at Cochin Orthopaedic Society clinical meet, July 2006.
SPORTS AND ARTS ACTIVITIES IN SNIMS
- Foot ball Team
- Cricket team
- Badminton Team
- Basketball Team
- Table Tennis Team
All these teams have participated in 2011-2012 INTERMEDICOS TOURNAMENTS IN Co-operative Medical College. Kalamassery on 29-11-2011, 30-11-2011, 1-12-2011.
- The students of 2009, 2010 and 2011 Batches participated in MEDICOS Fest 2011 on December 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and won prizes in competitions in Classical Music, Dumb Charades, Mehendi,
Classical Dance (Solo), Poem Recitation, Kerala Nadanam, Instrumental Music.
- Onam, the Harvest festival of Kerala is celebrated in SNIMS with great enthusiasm. Competitions are held in putting the traditional' Flower Carpet' 'Breaking the pot' etc.
We have a half-day programme of cultural events. Both staff and students participate in these events.
- Christmas, New Year celebrations are also held with exchanging of Christmas gifts, competitions in 'Carol Song' Singing, Making Crib etc and Cultural programmes.
- Durga Pooja is organised in the college office and in the operation theatre. Students and staff get books, equipments and instruments blessed here.
- We are organising a Movie Club in the college. The students are actively involved in organising it.
- The 2009 Batch of students had a multi-purpose tour to Hyderabad and Secunderabad in October 2011.
- The 2011 intermedicos ' plexus' was held on 1st December 2011 at Co-operative Medical College , Kalamassery, Kochi where our college
displayed a commendable performance participating in more than 20 events including Nostalgia , Group dance , drama Bharatnatyam ,
Classical Solo & Duet, Dumb charades, Mehandi and various other offstage events. Competing with around 22 other colleges our students
ended at 8th position overall and managed to bag quite a number of prizes . Our students won the following prizes.
First in Mehandi - Fathima, Gifty and Anjana B
Second in Bharatnatyam by Anusree S
Second in Violin by Anjana Venketesh
Second in English Recitation by Archu
Third in Kerala nadanam by Lakshmi
Third in Dumb charade by Jesna , Chirta and Greeshma
Third in classic solo - by Arun Ravindran
Our student Eby P Baby is selected as " Best Actor"